This business was in some turmoil. They were making a profit but a small one. The directors were working weekends trying to get work done and were working hard ‘in’ the business but not ‘on’ it. They knew that changes needed to be made but didn’t know where to start.
I did an initial review of the business. This involved looking into every aspect of the business including accounts, client files, staff files and other relevant systems and processes. It became apparent where the issues were.
The outcome of the above review found that:
- Many of the clients were generating a loss for the business and the profitable ones were keeping the business afloat.
- Clients had a relationship with individuals in the business but didn’t have a relationship with the business, which was a business risk.
- Vague processes that weren’t being followed
- Staff were not fulfilling their potential and seemed to be overlapping in their roles
how we solved the issue:
- Went through a cost base analysis so the business knew what their base cost was
- Went through a client segmentation exercise to understand who their clients were, who was profitable and who wasn’t.
- Designed a client proposition that was easy to deliver and sustain
- Created a storyboard for the business, to target the right clients
- Facilitated a meeting with staff and directors to gain their commitment. We outlined the changes that would be happening and why those changes needed to be made.
- Significant increase in profitability
- The business was more efficient
- People were assigned to the right roles creating happier, motivated staff
- Directors felt they were in control and for the first time able to work on the business, not in it.
would you like those results for your business?
if you want to know how you can grow your business with me